Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Chocolate cream shortbread slice. Yes.


Oh.Em.Gee.

This is the shizzle.

You would never guess this is healthy and good for you! Its just a little cashews, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, dates, cacao and flavouring. My thermomix mates put me onto this little gem and I'm sooo glad they did, it's ridiculously easy to make and absolutely rocks my socks.




The original recipe is here for thermomix users and here for regular food processors. I switched out the honey/maple syrup for rice malt syrup, and didn't have any lemons so used only 25gm of lime juice. I would blend the chocolate topping for longer in the thermie than 2.5 mins as mine was still a little grainy in texture. Also keep in mind these need to be stored in the freezer.

The lime adds all the zing that makes these really pop, its very much an adult flavour and I doubt the kids will like it at all, too dark chocolately - coconutty in flavour for them. Well that's what I'm telling myself, I haven't offered it to them yet ....

All the more for me then.

Linley xx



No comments:

Post a Comment