Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

Ok, so some details of why and how all this came about. I have just come back from a family holiday in Byron Bay, where I was able to have some 'pampering' done for the first time in 2 years. The result of this massage left me feeling so nauseous that I couldnt stomach anything but health foods, and no alcohol. Yikes! Not a great start to a holiday. It did get me thinking though, that perhaps this would be a great oppurtunity to try and get healthy.

I was reasearching on the internet and stumbled across Sarah Wilson's blog, which really got me thinking and investigated further. It became quite clear that sugar was a crutch I couldn't use anymore to get through life, it may have made me happy in the short term, but long term it is just killing me.

Its best to visit her page for more detailed information on sugar, she has done extensive research and lays it out all so clearly. You can also find links to other great pages and blogs there as well. I have purchased her cookbook and 8 week detox plan which I am now following.


So, where I am at with the plan. I have conciously not had sugar for a week now, but have been 'stricter' for the past 2 days and I'm struggling already! I desperately craved hot chocolate last night, which I satisfied with chai tea, and have been very hungry all day today. I have made the cheesy biscuits from Sarahs cookbook, and they are sensational. Im not sure I could satisfy myself with the recommended 2 for breakfast though. I had 2 for afternoon tea and was still into the cashews after that.

My girls are interested in what I am doing, and have been understanding that there was no juice for lunch today, however I did cave and make them pineapple sorbet in the thermomix this afternoon. Getting them off sugar is going to have to be done in degrees, they have been eating so much, but I will persist.

Linley x

No comments:

Post a Comment