Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Week 5 Sugar free

There are 2 fantastic blogs you should check out: Simply Sugar and Gluten free and The Spunky Coconut. They are amazingly generous ladies who have shared many many reciepes on their blog for beginners like me! They also have cookbooks available which I'm sure will be on the Christmas lists this year.

This is the best pizza I've ever made for myself, roast pumpkin, coriander, chorizo, feta and mushrooms. I did use tomato paste which contains sugar, however used less than normal.

During the past few weeks, Ive been reading lots of other blogs and books on the sugar free lifestyle, and it is pretty clear that gluten had to go. I am now 1 week gluten free (after this pizza was made :))
I definitely feel better, as I had been having trouble with bacteria and infections with just quitting sugar - to compensate I was increasing my bread and gluten intake to counteract the lack of sweetness. I can handle the switch to gluten free now, it has cleared up alot of the problems I was experiencing. There are plenty of products out there that are gluten free, I have tried gluten free pasta, however found it really gluggy and not that appealing. I think there may be a trial and error period until I find the products I like.

I did try this gluten and sugar free brownie , I just cant remember where from!!! Surprisingly my eldest girl loves it, even though its very bitter. We added some coconut milk and berry 'icecream' made in the thermomix, and cream for good measure. Not too bad I say!

Ive experienced alot of cravings this last week, no matter how many other yummy savoury dishes that have been opened up to me - I still would love a hit of the sweet stuff in the afternoon. I have found myself eating potato chips instead, which I'm pretty sure this is not the best option but there you go!


Linley x

No comments:

Post a Comment